Benefits to Home-Based Therapy Services
- Caregivers are empowered by the learning opportunities they receive from close contact with the therapist. They learn valuable therapeutic tools to implement on a daily basis.
- Caregiver education about a child’s therapy needs takes place within the the family’s routine and incorporates the family’s own resources.
- Improved follow-through with strategies, as the family takes an active role in the therapeutic process.
- Family involvement leads to increased consistency and maximizes results.
- The stress of transportation to and from a clinic is eliminated.
- Home-based therapist can ensure that equipment and strategies are appropriate and able to be implemented into the family’s daily life.
- Children seen in their home may be more relaxed since it is a familiar and comfortable environment. This can lead to increased participation and better outcomes.
- Learning new skills in a natural environment is more beneficial than in a simulated environment.
Benefits of Coming to our Christ the King Clinic
- Access to our sensory room for therapeutic play
- Fewer distractions
- Focused environment
- A place to find the tools that may be replicated in the home